Little Tots Childcare
Children learn when they are in a safe and caring environment where they are stimulated through play. Little Tots Childminding certainly provides this.
As a registered childcare setting it a legal requirement that we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework. We have a dedicated Early Years Coordinator working in the setting to help ensure we provide the best experience for your children.
The Early Years Foundation Stage sets the standards that all early years providers must meet to ensure that children learn, develop and are kept healthy and safe. It promotes teaching and learning to ensure children’s ‘school readiness’ and gives children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide a good foundation for their future.
The EYFS has 3 prime areas of learning which are:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal social and emotional development
Then several specific areas of learning:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Activities that the children will take part in each day may include:
- Weekly trips to local baby and toddler groups
- Outdoor play (ball games, ride-on vehicles etc..)
- Music tots: Musical activities - dancing, singing
- Arts and Crafts: Creative activities (making cards, presents, crafts.)
- Show and Tell (children are allowed to bring in their favourite toy to tell us about it.)
- Story Time, Pre-Reading Activities, Group Story
- Helping with domestic activities (e.g. setting the table)
- Imaginative play (small people, houses etc.)
- Dressing up and role play
- Puzzles and Games
- Computer Time
And much more...